Thursday 30 September 2010

At Seoul Station

"reassurance"

When I first saw this sign, I laughed. I guess it was more due to the fact that I did not know what to think after reading what the sign said. Was it supposed to be a form of security? Were customers meant to feel respected and satisfied? I can just imagine a person walking across the line and feeling guilty because he's realised that he hasn't paid. It is as if he has betrayed their trust.

Something I love about travelling around Korea is being able to witness the variety of signs such as this one. Most of the time, I know what the sign is supposed to say or what it means, but it is always amusing to see how putting simple words together make it so awkward.

My wish is to have, by the end of my 10 posts, many photographs of signs such as this one which hopefully entertains readers. I will update as frequently as I can with more photos on my blog page.

1 comment:

  1. This is really funny! I love crazy signs like this. Have you seen this one before http://www.theforvm.org/files/translation-server-error-in-restaurant.jpg ? Also, be careful about your blog length. For blog posts 3 and 4, you got 1 point instead of 2 because one of your posts was not long enough.

    ReplyDelete