Wednesday 15 September 2010

A Little Thing Called MT

You might think it's just beer.. but if you look to your left, there are three
 empty soju bottles and two passed out guys at the back
MT is a concept that I learnt when I came here.

It's stands for Member Training...

... but I actually have no idea why it is given that name.

Apparently every club or group hosts an MT for the new members of that semester. The existing members book out a room near the mountains (where it's quiet) for a weekend so new members can become adjusted to the atmosphere of that club and make friends among themselves. Since it's Korea, MTs involve heavy drinking and playing games all night... perhaps also with dances and organized skits (if it is a large group).

The only thing I remembered was waking up with one of the guys I had just met wrapped around my feet and my head resting on the stomach of another guy. I must say, it was quite hard trying to shake the foot-hugger off but once I did, I noticed many others starting to stir and rub their temples. I quickly woke my friend to make sure I didn't do anything stupid or embarrassing. I was safe :)

You know those times when you wake up with a tremendous hangover with no idea what happened that night? Those times when you wake up saying "Oh my god... never again"? Well if you come to KAIST I guess you could enjoy one of those every semester. At least MT works though... it breaks the ice between the new recruits and enables them to make a confident start to the semester.

...and yes he finished every last drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment