Saturday 11 September 2010

Perhaps 2012 is closer than we think?

And there I was... after a week of being at uni I went up to Seoul to stay at my grandma's house for the weekend and the first thing I see when I walk in is this...

 Luckily no one at home got hurt but it DID take a stab at our wallets. The old apartment wasn't really insured and my uncle managed to get $60 dollars to help fix this $300 mess.

It was my first typhoon here and for some reason I was expecting people and cars to be flying around (it's all those stories I've heard). Instead, buckets of rain fell as lightning and thunder (the loudest I've ever heard) blew up the sky. Could it have been worse? Yes... Most of us were quite lucky.

After I told the news to my friends and family back in New Zealand, it seemed as though I wasn't the only one at the time with bad news. My friends only gave me two words: "earthquake" and "Christchurch", so for the next half an hour I looked at photos such as these...

Source: www.nzherald.co.nz search "christchurch earthquake"
Source: www.nzherald.co.nz search "christchurch earthquake"

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures of Christchurch are insane. I hope your grandma's apartment is okay now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah Thanks.. glad it wasn't Auckland though (and apparently there were no casualties, so that's good too)

    ReplyDelete